Covid 19 Meal ideas

Jeanne
HI All- In an effort to clean out the freezers, we are starting to serve more heat & eat items such as pizza and chicken tenders, including labels with heating instructions- foods are you serving?
Thanks, J

Re: Covid 19 Meal ideas

thartley
Hi Jeanne...Is this directed at me? I am not clear. Currently, we are serving more heat & eat items and, yes, we do include instructions and food safety info. Are you asking what we are serving?

Thanks,
Tasha

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 10:02 AM Jeanne [via MSBG Member Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
HI All- In an effort to clean out the freezers, we are starting to serve more heat & eat items such as pizza and chicken tenders, including labels with heating instructions- foods are you serving?
Thanks, J

http://msbg-member-forum.199337.n8.nabble.com/Covid-19-Meal-ideas-tp18.html
To start a new topic under MSBG Member Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from MSBG Member Forum, click here.
NAML

--
Tasha L. Hartley
Food Service Director

~"Devoted to serving our kids high quality, healthy, AND delicious meals
         as well as making a DIFFERENCE in their lives EVERY DAY!"

This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, copyrighted, confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this email in error), please notify the sender immediately and delete/destroy this email. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this email is strictly forbidden. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version. Gateway Regional School District, 12 Littleville Road, Huntington, MA, 01050.

[...]

Jacki Dillenback
What are you using and where are you sourcing the containers for heat and eat foods?  I am hesitant to use aluminum containers as many of our kids will need to use ovens (because they are home alone) and so have used some small black microwaveable containers so far.  Am I overthinking this?  Thanks!

Re: Covid 19 Meal ideas

thartley
Hi Jacki...
Unfortunately, I have had a terrible time trying to get any oven/microwave safe containers. They are all sold out every time I try. I decided to just use the foam/plastic containers and put in a food safety note with instructions on heating. It has worked well so far, but I know I am taking a risk. Wishing you and yours good health and safety! :)

Tasha

http://msbg-member-forum.199337.n8.nabble.com/Covid-19-Meal-ideas-tp18p21.html