Feeding During School Closings-COVID-19

Tasha Hartley
Hi All...
Has anyone started protocol on feeding students during a mandatory closing due to COVID-19? I am trying to get some ideas put together in case this happens in our district and need some assistance. I know this is new territory for everyone and the state is still in the waiver process, but my district is already in the planning stages and I would like to be prepared.

Thanks in advance,
Tasha

Re: Feeding During School Closings-COVID-19

M.H. Cambridge
Having a meeting with our city admin tomorrow to discuss. Here is what has come up so far from other district protocol search:

http://www.egusd.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/EGUSD-Drive-Thru-Meal-Service.pdf

Here's basic thoughts:
https://blog.ucsusa.org/karen-perry-stillerman/lunch-in-the-time-of-covid-19-what-schools-need-now-to-ensure-kids-dont-go-hungry-during-a-pandemic

Re: Feeding During School Closings-COVID-19

thartley
Thank you very much for the information. I really appreciate it!

Kind regards,
Tasha Hartley

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 3:31 PM M.H. Cambridge [via MSBG Member Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Having a meeting with our city admin tomorrow to discuss. Here is what has come up so far from other district protocol search:

http://www.egusd.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/EGUSD-Drive-Thru-Meal-Service.pdf

Here's basic thoughts:
https://blog.ucsusa.org/karen-perry-stillerman/lunch-in-the-time-of-covid-19-what-schools-need-now-to-ensure-kids-dont-go-hungry-during-a-pandemic

http://msbg-member-forum.199337.n8.nabble.com/Feeding-During-School-Closings-COVID-19-tp12p13.html
To start a new topic under MSBG Member Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from MSBG Member Forum, click here.
NAML

--
Tasha L. Hartley
Food Service Director

~"Devoted to serving our kids high quality, healthy, AND delicious meals
         as well as making a DIFFERENCE in their lives EVERY DAY!"

This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, copyrighted, confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this email in error), please notify the sender immediately and delete/destroy this email. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this email is strictly forbidden. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version. Gateway Regional School District, 12 Littleville Road, Huntington, MA, 01050.

Re: Feeding During School Closings-COVID-19

Maureen Gonsalves
We have been asked to come up with a plan to provide meals in the event of a closing. But, we have no idea how many people would take advantage of the meals or if we will get reimbursed for them.

For those of you who do summer feeding, how do you track participation? Thanks for any input.