Food Service Staffing, Unemployment, Reduced Hours, Layoff, etc.

Food Service Staffing, Unemployment, Reduced Hours, Layoff, etc.

janiceking
Hi, Good Afternoon, looking for feedback on what districts are doing regarding back to school staffing.

How are you handling Letters of Assurance in an uncertain back to school plan based upon Cafeteria Agreements vs. Contracts.  How are you handling the real possibility of variable schedules (hybrid learning and/or full remote learning)  potential layoffs, staff with reduced hours, etc.

Are you laying off any staff, or furloughing any staff?
Are any of your staff applying for Pandemic or Regular unemployment benefits?
What supplemental income options are available for 10 month school/municipal employees apply for?
What documentation is being requested if your staff have applied to MA DTA?
Have any of your staff filed for unemployment, regular full time, part time or casual?
Are any districts paying their staff full pay whether working or not?

How has or did your district provide letters of assurance?   We did not send out any letters the first week of July as we always do because we were informed not to send them out as the district could not provide a clear plan for whether they could or could not "assure" for hours of employment as we begin to open up in September.

Thank you, Janice King, Auburn Public Schools

Re: Food Service Staffing, Unemployment, Reduced Hours, Layoff, etc.

janiceking
8/13. One of my Casual/Substitute staff who had irregular hours has just learned she had been approved for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance retroactively back to March 16th, even though she was declined for regular unemployment.