School Closure Food Offerings

Sarah Coughlin
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering what you are offering for meals during the school closure!

Re: School Closure Food Offerings

mahrenholz
Hello!
Attached is what my "manager/Director" version of the menu we are doing this month (with all my notes, etc). I haven't been publishing any menus in case items I plan end up not being available. I haven't planned past the 22nd yet.¬†ūüė¨
We are doing 2 lunches and 2 breakfasts Mondays and Wednesdays, and one lunch and 1 breakfast on Fridays using the Seamless Summer option.
I plan to include "preparation" directions for the "prepare at home" items like the pizza and chicken patties, and some of the fresh veggies (see attached for the sweet potato and corn instructions)
Megan Ahrenholz, RD
School Nutrition Director
Silver Lake Regional School District
781-582-3556

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 1:33 PM Sarah Coughlin [via MSBG Member Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering what you are offering for meals during the school closure!

http://msbg-member-forum.199337.n8.nabble.com/School-Closure-Food-Offerings-tp24.html
To start a new topic under MSBG Member Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from MSBG Member Forum, click here.
NAML

When writing or responding, please remember that the Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts has determined that email is a public record.

This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also, please indicate to the sender that you have received this email in error, and delete the copy you received.  Thank you for your cooperation.

May MENU.docx (25K) Download Attachment
corn and sweet potato instructions.docx (61K) Download Attachment

Re: School Closure Food Offerings

Jeanne Sheridan
We serve 3 x a week- 2 2 day & 1 3 day - serving about 350 bags
I have the cost at $4.00 a day for food

We prep on Monday & Wednesday- Maintenance distributes MWF

We are still mostly cleaning out the freezers-

Everything is ready to heat/eat in some form or another; it goes out in foil bags or plastic bags.

Most labels say heat in foil bag or remove microwave or oven.

I am getting ready to do a two week cycle and will send it on once done.