ala carte sales?

mahrenholz
Hello-
I hope you are all well and hanging in there!
I am curious how districts are selling ala carte sales (e.g. bottled water, chips, ice cream).
Currently we are not selling ala carte items in order to minimize the times students are out of their seats and walking by students who are unmasked and eating.
However, our finances would greatly benefit from selling ala carte items.
I am wondering what other districts are doing to safely sell ala carte.
Thanks!

Re: ala carte sales?

Nadine Doucette
Hi Megan,

We are selling a la carte in the serving line at most schools because they are going through the line as they normally would only with space in between them (stickers on floor).  Once they sit down with their meal, they don't get back up (unless they have to use the restroom).  It hasn't been an issue for us.

Hope this helps and take care,
Nadine

Re: ala carte sales?

mahrenholz
Hi Nadine,
thank you!
That is what I was thinking to do. But then I wasn't sure if it would be "fair" to only sell ala carte to the kids who were getting meals and/or to have the kids who didn't want a meal, but wanted snacks to have to stand in a long lunch line...? Do you run into any issues with that?
Megan Ahrenholz, RD
School Nutrition Director
Silver Lake Regional School District
781-582-3556
"This institution is an equal opportunity provider"

On Fri, Nov 6, 2020 at 1:50 PM Nadine Doucette [via MSBG Member Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Megan,

We are selling a la carte in the serving line at most schools because they are going through the line as they normally would only with space in between them (stickers on floor).  Once they sit down with their meal, they don't get back up (unless they have to use the restroom).  It hasn't been an issue for us.

Hope this helps and take care,
Nadine

http://msbg-member-forum.199337.n8.nabble.com/ala-carte-sales-tp70p71.html
To start a new topic under MSBG Member Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from ala carte sales?, click here.
NAML

When writing or responding, please remember that the Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts has determined that email is a public record.

This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also, please indicate to the sender that you have received this email in error, and delete the copy you received.  Thank you for your cooperation.